Old July 31st 03, 09:51 PM
Doug Carter

Greg Esres wrote:
Use rudder to stop the rotation (wing dropping),

Isn't necessary. No stall, no spin.

Gee, make up your mind. First you complained that we were talking about
stalls, not spins; now you say "No stall, no spin." Well, yeah, no
airplane, no stall...

Seriously though, if you look back you will see that I was responding to
another poster saying: "...Using ailerons to pick up a wing in a stall
and actually cause the wing to drop further (by increasing its angle of
attack)." Which I clearly agree with.

Considering the core topic of the thread, under the conditions of
"everything failed" are you suggesting that if you suspect that you have
the beginnings of a stall and possibly a roll into the more stalled wing
that you should pitch "down" and then roll level? Good luck with that!

Perhaps because I fly mostly aerobatics in the Pitts I automatically
stop any rotation while either wing is stalled before changing pitch or
roll.