Old December 10th 03, 01:23 PM
Bob Martin

Observations:
Acceleration is faster than I expected - I've never flown an RV
solo. I'd planned on good accel, but it was more than I expected.

Yeah, it'll press you back into the seat... what model and engine do you
have?

Tail comes up sooner than expected too. See above.

It does... my dad yelled at me the first few times I took off (he's been
giving me unofficial taildragger training, with the intent of getting me to
the point of just being able to have a CFI sign me off) since by the time I
would raise the tail we'd already be at flying speed...

Takes longer than I expected to slow to taxi speed...although
time compression may have something to do with that g

Nope, not time compression there... and if you leave even the tiniest smidge
of power on by accident, it takes an eternity. These planes do not like to
slow down...