Old May 19th 21, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

Default FAA Permanently Revokes Pilot's License over ADS-B

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 8:07:33 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 11:20:27 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 11:00:27 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:35:16 PM UTC-4, kinsell wrote:
The parrot wasn't squawking ADS-B, that's for sure. I see an occasional
C-17 transmitting it, but it seems most military traffic isn't equipped
even today.
On 5/17/21 12:35 PM, Dan Marotta wrote:
We only did that during certain mission profiles. Otherwise the parrot
was squawking.

Dan
5J

Become a military pilot...they will turn tracking off, when they
choose.

For obvious reasons I would think that most military traffic would not be ADS-B broadcasting. I certainly know the ones going into 2901 are NOT. There have been a couple of points here on this thread that are very interesting. One was that Ole Andy is clueless about Restricted Zone operation. The good point that Tony made was that ATC has the latest operational information on Hot or Cold for these restricted areas. Each Restricted area has an ATC zone that is responsible for that information, in our case it is Miami Center. That Center has a mission desk that receives operational status the day or afternoon prior as to the operational times for that specific RA..
For our area that information comes from MacDill AFB usually around 4pm, As Tony stated do not plan on using the NOTAM as the true determination as to whether the zone is HOT or Cold. These zones can change within a few hours notice. You can call the mission desk for that center and as in our case they are always very informative as to the operational hours. I my case I will call the Mission desk, get the current status of each area within that RA, there is usually a 4 hour window for a zone to become operational. I always check with the ATC to confirm the current status to double check the status, I do this by calling Miami ATC on the radio as I am approaching the RA. Keep in mind that these areas are multi purpose military training areas, aircraft, helicopter, artillery, and special warfare training takes place in some of these RA areas. I have has a F-18 circle me outside of the RA while in the MOA, we gave each other the thumbs up, it was great. Old Bob

Hey Robby, you, as usual, are totally confused. I was NOT referring to how you obtain permission to enter a restricted area, but how the FAA might react if someone files a complaint about your flight into a restricted area. And it WAS a question - not a statement.

And you might actually look into why most military aircraft aren't equipped with ADS-B. Hint: it is not for the reason you think it is. BTW, military aircraft are subject to ALL the rules that apply to non-government aircraft.

Also, some may interpret you derisive comments referring to Amos and Andy as being racist.

Tom

Andy, you were totally clueless about the Restricted Area operation, you comment was ,"Is The FAA Going To Check And See If The Restricted Area Was Hot"? You of all people should know that the FAA knows when an area is hot or not, they issue the NOTAM and updates.
Now about Amos & Andy, it was hilarious comedy, along with All In The Family, The Jeffersons, and the Three Stooges, you fit the mold, I guess I could have called you Meathead, or Curley, but Andy fit you much better. Your buddy, The Purist! Old Bob

My point about the real-time aspect of Special Use Airspace is that it can be NOTAMed hot all week and get used for 20 minutes. Sector knows even better than desk jockey.