Old October 6th 16, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default JS1 Registration in the USA

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 2:28:24 AM UTC-7, rianmonnahan wrote:

I see that all of the JS1s currently under N- registration are flying under a Special Airworthiness Certificate.

I'm wondering if it is at all possible to obtain a Standdard Airworthiness Certificate for the JS1 on the basis of its South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) type certificate.

I think that seeking US type certification is something that Jonkers would have to do; it isn't something that an individual operator would normally pursue. According to this doc (.pdf link), we do indeed have airworthiness reciprocity with South Africa, so that's not a problem:

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert...dia/SA-BAA.pdf

Thanks, Bob K.