Old July 5th 05, 05:21 PM
three-eight-hotel

Thanks to both for you quick responses!

Yeah... My mechanic and I both questioned the repair, especially at a
$430 cost!!! :-( The yellow-tag should offer some peace-of-mind, that
at least the radio is airworthy though, shouldn't it???

The audio panel is a (I'm showing my ignorance now) standard Cessna
(ARC???) panel, with marker beacon, like the one shown he
http://williams.best.vwh.net/172RG_P...UDIO%20CONTROL

I've got a four-place intercom, that I was beginning to question, but
to be honest... I don't know what the heck I'm doing! ;-) I want to
jump in and start figuring this out, but I'm afraid of messing things
up. My mechanic is really cool and is working well with me to try and
figure this out, but I think he is over his head a little when it comes
to avionics.

I would like to figure out if I can route the radio directly to the
aircraft system, like you mentioned... I tried using the aircraft mike
and setting the audio panel to speaker, but it's so loud and difficult
to tell what's going on. I tried plugging my headset into the aircraft
plugs under the panel (not the intercom ones) and couldn't get that
figured out either. If I can get radio directly to those ports, I
could isolate the rest of the system... Any suggestions on how to go
about that? Based on the audio panel, provided in the link, there's
likely no bypass... would you agree?

Thanks again to both for your responses! The aviation community
continues to impress me and the web sure helps foster that community!

Best Regards!
Todd