Old August 23rd 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Jay Honeck

Default Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and all that

For a bit more money, you can get a signed copy. Point your browser atwww.FlyingTigersBook.comor send an email to usenet[AT]danford[DOT]net
(with the obvious changes).

Dan, you've got amazing timing. Mary and I just returned home from
working all day on our upcoming "Flying Tigers Suite", which (although
it's gonna be one of our cheaper suites -- sans hot tub) is going to
be very nice.

We started with an absolute wreck of a suite -- it's our last one to
be remodeled, and had been occupied for the last two years by a
professor emeritus with a dog and a serious hygiene problem -- and
have built, entirely from scratch (I'm talking back to the studs), a
really nice, comfortable suite that will commemorate the AVG and their
Chinese allies...

Everything -- drywall, carpet, furniture, closet doors -- is brand
new. We're trying to make it look "oriental" while still being sturdy
enough to survive the real world of hotel guests -- no mean feat. (We
learned long ago that delicate, cool-looking chairs will NOT survive
daily use by the average-sized American, for example.) We've
acquired a nice collection of Flying Tigers artwork, and plan to spend
tomorrow hanging it all....

Sign me up for a copy of your book! We'll keep it in our 200+ volume
aviation library, for Flying Tigers aficianados to enjoy... (I'll
check out the website shortly...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA