Old July 18th 08, 10:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default FAA publishes proposed changes to amateur-built rules.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:45:07 -0500, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net
wrote:

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
.. .

so you have a mixture of emotions there.
the puritanical desire to stop anyone actually getting ahead.
an unrealised desire to have the regulations freed up.

my point is why chime in and ask for them to be banned? why not ask
for the regs to be relaxed so that it can occur.
base it on a safety case. if it isnt causing a problem start
supporting aviation enterprises.

while you are at it why not support the much more sensible private
owner maintenance system that the canadians have introduced.

Stealth Pilot

It's about regulations for homebuilt aircraft, not relaxing standards on
factory built aircraft. The "homebuilt" factories are jeopardizing the
future of real homebuilders.

no they're not. they are jeopardising their own futures by not
addressing the FAA concerns.not the futures of individual builders.
you really need to understand the legal precedents related to
experimental aircraft. there is a fairly long history of the law
upholding the experimental concept ...for actual amateur builders.

in hindsight what I could have written better would have become this..
why not ask for the regs to be expanded to accomodate the commercial
builders of uncertified aircraft.

Stealth Pilot