Old December 23rd 03, 06:15 PM
S Ramirez

Default Need Advice On Ferrying Foreign Registered Homebuilt To USA

I am interested in flying a homebuilt aeroplane from Greece to the USA and
have it registered to an N number. Does anyone here have any knowledge of
how hard or easy it is to do this? I have concerns like flying it from
country to country in Europe, flying it to Iceland, then Canada, then the
USA, and finally I have question of what to expect once I get it here. What
pitfalls will a DAR place in front of me if I fly a homebuilt here and ask
him to register it and give it an N number. Will he make it difficult,
knowing that I am stuck depending on what he does, or will he evaluate it
fairly and sign off on it. Has anyone done something like this?

Thank you so much.

Simon Ramirez, Aerocanard Builder
Oviedo, FL USA