Old October 21st 17, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

Again I will give reference to my club in Australia.
Here's a direct link to the Keepit Regatta.

http://www.soaringstuff.net/KeepitRegatta/

Part of the description:
"The Keepit Regatta is a fun, friendly and informal regatta, with entries restricted to 30 gliders. The idea is for early cross country pilots to be able to fly with experienced pilots to gain experience and confidence without the pressure of a competition. We found out that many experienced pilots come along just for a great no stress flying week."

And just received this reminder...

We also do 4-Day handicapped mini GP’s every long weekend (5 per year) and Keepit Fast. http://soaringstuff.net/KeepitFast/

Part of the description:
"KeepitFast is a fun and relaxed training/coaching event with goal to improve XC performance and competition results. This is targeted to competition and serious XC pilots wishing to improve their skills in a relaxed environment. There is no need to be a Top Gun, this is open to any pilot with Silver C and above that is comfortable going cross country but it is not suitable for for XC beginners."

And of course...
"In the last 2 years we have added 11 cabins"

There is a link to the club website in the above links.
Those attending the 18m Nationals will appreciate that Bruce and Brad are members of Lake Keepit Soaring Club and sometimes coach at these events.

Jim