Old September 7th 18, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Vario Comparison

On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 9:08:28 AM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
This has turned into a very interesting thread. It looks like we may be using some newer much better varios in the near future.

There are freaking astoundingly good varios available right now. Mike may have made a break through, good for all of us if true. I have an arm's length association with ClearNav and I can tell you that a) we're not out of good ideas and b) nothing I'd like better to have than a fire lit under the development team to get some of these ideas brought to fruition.

Caveat: installation is everything. Bad pneumatic sources, leaks, shared sources with mechanical instruments can/will degrade performance.

best,
Evan Ludeman