Old April 10th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default I have an opinion on global warming!

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
.. .

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
ups.com...

In addition I recently heard that some surface reporting stations in
Siberia
ceased operation--so that data was simply omitted from the calculations.

Since any resulting error would be in the "correct" direction, according
the current Gore sycophants, there is no reason to correct for the

missing
data, nor to work to put the reporting stations back on line.

Even suface observations have been, historically, located in developed
areas. Those areas are, today, greatly increased in size and

infrasturcture,
that creates what;s known as "heat island effect".

An honest scientists (redundant?) would correct for that; an

agenda-driven
hack, OTOH, plays games with the data.

You're exactly right.

I was not familiar with the term, although I was familiar with the symptoms,
but "heat island effect" was almost certianly the phenomenon discussed in
the recent thread regarding "...colder at the approach end..."

Peter