Old June 27th 04, 12:20 PM

The British Nimrod seems to work OK.

On 26 Jun 2004 19:36:06 -0700, joelpac
wrote:

Question for the naval aviators: How is the new 737 MMA going to perform as the
P-3s replacement? I know it's bigger, carries more "stuff" and whatnot, but
from what I know of jet engines (even high-bypass fans), won't it be very fuel
INefficient in the same regime as the P-3 prowls? Cruising along at 1000' or so
and around 200 KIAS? Or is the MMA going to be punching out sonobuoys from a
much higher altitude and at a much higher speed?

Is this aircraft the real answer or is it more taxpayer money into the gaping
maw of the military-industrial copmplex?