Old April 8th 14, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Splitting Costs of Flying a Club Demo Ride?

Be sure to ask your insurance company as well. If you are with Costello, they very clearly state only commercial rated pilots can give demo or intro rides.

If you do not have a commercial license, but you know the person that is wanting a ride, were going to go up anyway in the club two place that day, and want to take a passenger along and split the expenses of that particular flight, then anybody that has a private rating and is current can take a friend along for a flight. However to do this as a scheduled event is skating on thin ice from the FAA and insurance world.

Sorry, Bruno, but I think these really need to be given by commercial rated pilots to avoid possible issues in the event of an incident of any sort. Just my two cents.

Great opportunity to hit a well targeted audience. Hope it works out well for you and you get some new members. Heck, you might even get some tow pilots, too!

Steve Leonard