Old June 20th 17, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default A Tale of Two Takeoffs

At 01:17 20 June 2017, Charlie M. UH & 002 owner/pilot wrote:
From our testing, you "almost" can't get too low on the towplane,

most
still have elevator authority (for lowering the nose) when you are

really
low unlike getting too high and you dive him in.

Perhaps we can all learn from the boys in Oz. From the last two posts
tug upsets should be almost unknown in Australia.
Is there a case for making low tow the standard towing position in the
rest of the world?
Just from the lessening of the chance of a tug upset it seems that low
tow is the safest option.