Old October 1st 04, 06:46 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

At the time, the competition was Apollo. Their box provided WAAS, terrain,
etc. I don't remember all of the comparison points but I went w/ the 530
due to traffic, weather and other features for the future based on Garmin's
"We're going to have WAAS in a year and terrain in 3-6 months."

Right off the bat, I saw the GeeWiz 1000 getting all of the R&D time. (We
all know why - Can you say "Glass Cockpit?") Now we wait for the upgrades
promised sooo long ago. I know I've said it before but it bears repeating:
How do you tell when a salesman is lying? When his mouth is moving.

Whine mode off, {|;-(

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.