Old February 22nd 05, 04:49 PM
Capt 'Wild' Bill Kelso, USAAC

I fly for a living and I can tell you, in addition to valsalva'ing, don't drink
anything cold(with ice). The cold constricts the throat and eustation tubes
preventing the pressure to equalize. Keep well hydrated, drink lots of water,
avoid caffeine, keep a bottle of Afrin or Sinex handy.

Calum wrote:

My wife suffers from sore ears during flight and we are facing two
commercial flights in one afternoon which she is not looking forward to.
Does anyone have any good tips to avoid the pain?

Thanks in advance.

Calum

I am BillGatus of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assim
[General Protection Fault]