Old May 20th 04, 11:44 PM

Brad Z wrote:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0405/09743IL33.PDF

I haven't come across an approach with two separate missed approach
procedures before. Is this even remotely common?

I think I'll add this to my instrument students' training regiment due to
some additional interesting features- teardrop course reversal, intersection
identification using ndb bearings (not using DME), and a lot of stuff to
brief. Some of the approaches down here in central VA are pretty boring.

There are lots of IAPs with alternate, non-radar missed approach procedures.
But, the alternate procedure is normally provided only to the controlling ATC
facility. You've come across one of the first, if not the first, IAPs to
include the text of the alternate missed approach procedure on the chart. There
is some resistance to charting the alternate, even just textually, so this
concept may or may not take hold.