Old January 15th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default F-15 Breakup Animation & video

"Dennis Johnson" wrote in message . ..

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:FoKij.35256$Ux2.29488@attbi_s22...
I hope this means accelerated funding and deployment of the F-22 and F-35, but I fear otherwise.

I'm not sure it makes sense to continue putting money into warplanes that have pilots on board. There are huge
disadvantages to carrying a person. The airplane must have redundant systems for safety and reliability, and often
those redundant systems also have backup systems. The weight penalty for the life support systems, including the
cockpit, ejection seat, and pressurization system are considerable. The potential acceleration of the airplane must
be greatly reduced due to the frailty of the human on board.

Air power is one thing, sea power is another. Apparently Japan has a larger navy than the brits!
http://www.janes.com/news/defence/na...1217_1_n.shtml