Old February 13th 13, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Default FAA Notice N8900.204 - English Proficiency

T wrote:
I discussed this with some fellow CFIs. We figured if a student was
having trouble with English, the training would not go well, and we would
not be signing them off for a check ride.

So what would be the need to report a student with problems with English
to the FAA? It's not an issue until its time to sign the 8710.
Besides, I know a few people (pilots) that have problems communicating,
whether it be in English, Spanglish, or jibberish.

I honestly think that this is more aimed at the puppy mulls in Az and Fl
that turn out foreign pilots by the boatload. I've heard some interesting
stories of amazingly bad English around some of those places...

Pete