Old December 17th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_1_]

Default Lightspeed Zulu PIREP

Actually, no..

The batts they sent with it lasted less than 1/2 hr after the
warning...

I was REALLY busy at the time, and DID actualy toss them in the back
seat.(no time to change batts right then) I put on my old DCs and
continued the flight...

With good batteries, no prob....

I am on my 3rd set... But the 1st should not count...

86 BUCKS?? - Who in the world...?

Ah yes, ....... E-Bay...

Dave

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:35:30 GMT, B A R R Y
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:25:10 -0400, Dave
wrote:

If the batteries go dead in the BOSE, you might as well throw them in
the baggage compartment,

While that's true, have you not found the 10+ hours of low battery
warning adequate?

How many sets of batteries have you actually gone through? I know
full-time flight instructors that get two months out of Duracells.

BTW, it you toss the "freebie" on eBay, with no reserve, it lowers the
cost of the set. My freebie brought $86. G