Old July 19th 03, 11:09 AM
MikeremlaP

Hi Mark:

I purchased LASAR for my IO-360 (still in the 120 day waiting/building
period)

Don't know if by your last comment on the "120 waiting/building" period you
mean you're building an airplane too.

If so, and if it's not too late, you might want to reject the LASAR in favor of
either Klaus' system or Jeff Roses. (I'm partial to Lightspeed's, for reasons
I delineated previously.)

Am in a rush right now, trying to leave for an airshow, but you won't get as
much "bang for the buck" with the LASAR. If nothing else, since they fall back
to normal magneto operation, the spark plug gap they use remains normal.
Hence, the only benefit you get with their higher voltage is easier starting.
You probably won't be able to lean as far as you would with Klaus' or Jeff's
system.

But if you're flying certified airplane, the LASAR is the only magneto option
that offers advanced timing. If you can wait for a while, GAMI has a PRISM
system that looks to be the best solution of them all.

Hope this helps,

Mike Palmer
Excellence in Ergonomics