Old November 26th 07, 03:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo

Default Sky King!

"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote in message
. ..
Tom Callahan wrote:
Thanks. They are super. I sent the links to people I know who are
trying to learn English as a second language. The plots are good, the
dialogue crisp and clear, no worry about profanity, etc. There are more
uses for this kind of nostalgia than you imagined, Tom in Pensacola

"AJ" wrote in message
. ..
A blast from the past -- free online!

http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-1.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-2.wmv

Oh yah ... Sky King. I had the hots for Penny from about 1955 on .....
Sky King was one of several reasons that I started flying lessons when I
was 14. I wanted to do Penny so bad ... anyway ...

By the way, I know that the real trivia-minded amongst us will remember
hearing "Sky King, Sky King -- Do Not Answer -- " followed by a bunch of
phonetic alphabet letters .. heard on the HF Shortwave bands. That was
the one-way recall message sent to our USAF Nuke carrying aircraft
circling at the "Alpha Point" just on the other side of Soviet Air Space.

Cheersd,

Dave

Sky King, Sky King, do not answer. Message follows: Sierra, Alpha, Charlie,
Sierra, Uniform, Charlie, Kilo, Sierra. Message out!