Old May 2nd 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Child seat

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

Common sense would dictate that any child seat is better than nothing.
But the FARs seem to say that no seat is better than a car seat. Anyone
have experience with this?

Who cares whether there is a specific rule or not? It seems to me that you
are over-thinking this one. Use a DOT-approved car seat for your child.

The passenger seats in the back of my Bonanza only have lap belts. When my
older children, who are 6 and 8, ride along I still use put them in Eddie
Bauer Cosco booster seats because of the five-point harness system.

--
Peter