Old December 5th 13, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Closing of Glider Runways at Cal City Airport, a Hemet likescenario that was overturned by FAA

I was wondering if you might have some success with getting some of the local interested parties together, gathering your documentation and photographing the items placed on the Glider Runway (a true flight hazard). Then request an appointment with the local FSDO to bring the matter to the FAA's attention and ask for their assistance in getting the hazards removed from the Glider Runway and getting the Glider operations restored at the airport. I would also ask the FSDO if, based on the Airport's Approved Master Plan, if (as far as the FAA is concerned) Glider Operations are still permitted? If they are, pull the Gliders out on the runway and go flying. That way if the City or Cal Trans or whatever local "authority" interferes with your Gliding activities, they are the ones in violation of the law and that should provide the basis for your lawsuit in Federal Court. You may also want to join the AOPA and enroll in their Legal Services Plan as that will help get the AOPA's attention when their Members rights are being violated. I'm not suggesting that this will be easy or a pleasant experience but most things worth fighting for, seldom are. Stand up and fight for your rights, fight intelligently or let the bullies take them all away from you. The choice is yours. My heart and best wishes are with you. Brian Lott