Old March 4th 19, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default LX Nav Varios, Bluetooth & XCSoar

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 4:00:29 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Have you set the proper baud rate and driver in XCSoar?

On 3/2/2019 11:48 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 4:29:16 AM UTC+11, SAM wrote:
I'm interested in connecting LX Nav varions (EOS or ERA) to XCSoar via bluetooth.

From the manuals, xcsoar config screens, and old posts here it looks like that *should* be possible.
Does anyone have experience doing it?
I've got XCSoar on a couple android phones and a nexxxus 7 tablet.
Simply providing vario data via bluetooth would be the primary need. Ability to feed flarm or other data would be a bonus.

Thanks!

I have been trying to get Bluetooth connection between an Era80 and Android devices running XCSOAR. The firmware displayed on the 'info' screen is version 1.2 which does not directly equate to the firmware on the LX NAVIGATION website. (Beta 1.0RC5 and stable 0.9 F).

The manual for the Era80 indicates that in a scan the Era80 will present as Era XXXXX where XXXXX is the serial number of the device (available on the info screen). It should then prompt you for the pairing code (1234).

However the Era80 presents the Bluetooth ID of 'Bluetooth device'. You can pair with this, it does NOT ask for a pairing code. However, there is no communication between the Era80 and XCSOAR.

PNW
AUS

--
Dan, 5J

Not sure that XCSoar supports LX "Navigation" products. LX "Nav" is supported.

Mike