Old April 20th 05, 09:29 PM
Jon Kraus

On the Mooney the belly panels come off so they are inspected from
underneath rather than from above. But I did get to clean all the belly
panels using a parts washer. It all came off pretty easily. I get to
use mirrors and flashlights scraping the tank sealant off...

Now I remember why I switched from being a truck mechanic to a computer
programmer... :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
'79 Mooney 201

snip

Have you been asked to clean out the belly under the floor inspection
plates. My first annual, the A&P/IA said clean it out. It is amazing the
amount of stuff that can be in a '65 model Skyhawk. Old cut off
tiewraps, hardward from prior work, etc. Plus just the grime. It took
awhile. I even removed the belly inspection plates and cleaned from that
direction with help from mirrors and flashlights.