Old February 7th 05, 04:03 AM
Daniel L. Lieberman

Juan,
I put one of the protective sheets on the screen. I think that will solve
reflective problems.
Daniel

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
What do you think of the display's readability in full sunlight? Like many
Palm units, the display is very reflective. The Lowrance doesn't have that
problem, apparently the display has some sort of micro-beveling that
reduces glare.

Juan

"Daniel L. Lieberman" wrote in message
The Garmin 12v charger cable can be plugged into the lighter socket in a
higher voltage system since, according to Garmin it has a built-in
voltage regulator.

I just received my 3600A and am pleased with it but haven't flown with it
yet. The screen is readable. I picked Garmin because of the terrain
awareness feature and the useabiity as a PDA.

wrote in message
In rec.aviation.owning Juan Jimenez wrote:
x-no-archive: yes

If you own a Garmin iQue 3600a (not the plain 3600) or a Lowrance
2000c, I'd
like to hear your opinion and comments on these units... good, bad or
neutral.

email me at

I don't have either yet, but...

The Garmin has internal rechargable batteries. After several e-mail
exchanges with Garmin, it appears they have an AC charger and a 12V
charger cable; no 24V cable now or planned.

The Lowrance runs off 4 AA batteries or 5V to 35V via a provided adapter
cable.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.