Old June 18th 04, 02:20 PM
John S. Shinal

Default C-130H pilot/copilot visual recon on Sept. 11th - any further info ?

In listening to the 9/11 Commission's report on CSPAN, I was
amazed by the fact that a C-130H just getting airborne was diverted to
recon the Pentagon attack, and then also reconned the crash site in
Pennsylvania. That's a busy morning.

While understanding the crew may want to stay anonymous, does
anyone have any details on this mission they can share ? Were any
awards made, etc ?

I was also pretty impressed that Langley scrambled in six
minutes from what appeared to be no notice.

Any conspiracy rants will be ignored, but I'd welcome
intelligent discussion about the report.