Old May 26th 04, 12:05 PM
WalterM140

One sarin round after 12 months, that's hardly impressive Ed.

One sarin round, of a type that Iraq never had, according to the
inspectors.

It's still -one- round in over a year of searching.

Even -if- you could buy off on a connection between Al Quaida and Iraq (before
9/11) and even -if- you thought Iraq had WMD, which they did not, you could
still, and should still -- hold the Bush administration culpable for their
gross mishandling of the conduct of the war.

More General Zinni, 5/12/2004:

http://www.cdi.org/friendlyversion/p...ID=2208&from_p
age=../program/document.cfm

Bullet points from above:

1. the first mistake that will be recorded in history, the belief that
containment as a policy doesn't work.

2. The second mistake I think history will record is that the strategy was
flawed.

3. The third mistake, I think was one we repeated from Vietnam, we had to
create a false rationale for going in to get public support.

4. We failed in number four, to internationalize the effort.

5. I think the fifth mistake was that we underestimated the task.

6. The sixth mistake, and maybe the biggest one, was propping up and trusting
the exiles

7. The seventh problem has been the lack of planning.

8. The eighth problem was the insufficiency of military forces on the ground.

9. The ninth problem has been the ad hoc organization we threw in there.

10. the tenth mistake, and that's a series of bad decisions on the ground.

[end]

Walt