Old December 23rd 03, 05:44 PM
No Spam!

Ed Rasimus wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:49:35 -0600, "No Spam!"
wrote:
All -

I'm especially interested in comments from any of the "current and
former military pilots with top-secret clearances" (as mentioned below)
that might be out there.
---

First, this reply is not cross-posted but only appended to
rec.aviation.military.

I'm a former military pilot who held TS clearance. That is irrelevant
to the article you posted, since I don't fly for the airlines.

No, it's not... see below...

....snipped...

Now, did you have a specific reason for asking for comments from
former military with TS clearances?
Ed Rasimus

Ed -

Yes, I did - a very specific reason. I am well aware of the difference
between military & civilian aviation and the purposes of clearances,
having held them myself.

As I stated in my original post, Please read the article, which, in
part, states:

"Airline pilots evaluate the totality of the TSA's armed-pilot program
and they have declined to participate in droves. Too many airline pilots
view the TSA armed pilot program as a potentially career threatening
fiasco that will cost each pilot who volunteers at least one week of
flight pay and require him to bare his soul to an out-of-control
government agency that hates the idea of armed pilots. Couple this with
the breathtaking failure of many current and former military pilots with
top-secret clearances to pass the TSA psychological evaluations and
pilots are saying, "No, thanks.""

I am asking for any feedback: confirming, denying, or otherwise, from
"many current and former military pilots with top-secret clearances".
I'd also welcome feedback from anyone else _knowledable_ about the
subject. If the TSA is failing pilots with former or current TS (or
other) clearances, it is, at least to me, a clear sign the program is
not working as planned and is, as the author suggests, merely a ploy by
the TSA to discourage pilots from trying to get certified.

I realize too many idiots post here, but perhaps you could read the
article in question before deciding I had no valid reason to post what I
posted.