Old July 9th 04, 12:50 AM
Thomas Schoene

Ian Morrison wrote:
"josiah-jenkins" wrote in message

(the Royal Scots,
oldest Infantry Regiment of the Line in the British Army)

Are they not a tank regiment now?

Still light-role infantry according to the British Army. They have been to
Iraq, but don't seem to have gone in during the invasion, ariving in
December of 2003.

An ex-neighbour of mine was sent to
Ir*q as part of the recent illegal invasion force and he was in a tank
(his mother reportedly said "can you imagine what it smells like in a
tank full of 18 year old boys?"). I'm pretty sure it is the Royal
Scots that he is in.

Perhaps he is actually in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, who are a tank
unit and were in the actual invasion force.

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872