Old January 19th 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Live coverage of the Chile GP starts at 18:00GMT today

So the picture isn't so good - so what? Where else can you look at
glider racing strategy developing in real time? Where else can you see
the brilliance of those like Schwenk, Holighaus and Gostner displayed
clearly as they jockey for position and alitude? I guess you didn't
see the finish yesterday, when 3 gliders with transmitters raced for
about 120 km with a separation of less than 1 km. Turns out there was
a 4th glider with them, and the difference between 1st through 4th was
less than 5 seconds - at the end of a 480 km race! The only thing I
regret is that we can't get a feel for the wind strength and
direction, nor the cloud sizes, positions and heights. To me, it's
brilliant - I give it a 9 out of 10.

-John

On Jan 18, 3:45 pm, Udo Rumpf wrote:
I stopped watching after a few minutes.