Old November 30th 10, 04:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Default Microsoft strikes again

Hi Indrek,

i prefer Mozilla Thunderbird for reading Newsgroup and Pan (
http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/ ) for mass-download of Images etc.
Pan also has a very very good Killfile (for ignoring Messages of certain
individuals), handles Multi-Part Postings, Yenc etc. And its free.

Regards
Jens

Am 29.11.2010 22:02, schrieb Indrek Aaviso:
I have used Windows Live Mail for a while and it handled binary
newsgroups reasonably well. i.e. click on a message and the message and
any contained picture would pop up.

Now the geniuses at Microsoft have come up with an "improved" version of
WLM. This requires me to double click on a message to bring up a
thumbnail image and I then have to double click on the thumbnail to
bring up Windows Photo Viewer so that I can actually see the image
properly. After that, unless I want myriad sessions of WPV running, I
have to close the viewer and close the thumbnail pane to begin the whole
rigmarole once more for the next image. Mumble, chunter, grumble......

There does not seem to be an easy way to revert to the previous version
of WLM

Am I being ultra-dense, or is there an alternative?

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill