Old July 11th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
steve[_1_]

Default piper cargo twin crashes in eastern washington

Hi John,

It is a piper Arrow with retractable gear and constant speed prop.

I have 4 hours as training for my complex rating, and will have an
additional 4-6 hours on Monday because I will be taking it out to practice
most of the day.

My total time flying is 120 hours, 100 of which happened 20 years ago. The
good thing is that I am much more thorough and aware of my own mortality
than I was when younger.

Also, the other person going with me has his complex rating also, so we will
have to pilots in the plane.
"john smith" wrote in message
I was planning to fly to Bozeman, MT next weekend for fishing, but this
has
my wife saying a definite no-way to my flying out there. She does have
somewhat of a point though. I just got checkout out for my complex
rating,
and will have at best, 4 hours of time in type as PIC before going on
this
trip.

What airplane?
Statistically, you are more likely to have an incident with less than 10
hours in type, but I think it depends more on total time and familiarity
with other aircraft. However, as you mentioned, you are new to complex,
there are factors you may not yet be familiar with.