Old July 12th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

Default piper cargo twin crashes in eastern washington

"steve" wrote in message
. ..

My total time flying is 120 hours, 100 of which happened 20 years ago. The
good thing is that I am much more thorough and aware of my own mortality
than I was when younger.

I would think that this might be a potential problem given a recent checkout
in a complex airplane. (For perspective, I have about 30 hours in an PA-28R
and 240 total hours which have been spaced over fifteen years, so we have a
bit in common.) But, you've got an extra pilot with you which seems
reasonably sufficient.

The only real difference other than possibly switching tanks is during
approach and landing, right? As long as BOTH of you don't forget the GUMPS
check, it seems like it ought to be a piece of cake.

Personally, typical go/no-go issues aside, I'd have a difficult time opting
out of this flight.

-c