Old September 2nd 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default Garmin 496 PIREP -- Navigating while Driving

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Have you got a replacement antenna from Garmin yet?

If that question was for me, my antenna was (and is) fine.

The original remote antenna only causes trouble intermittently, when it gets
hit by interference (from cell phone towers?) at low altitude. It is very
disconcerting to have it quit on you when you're using it to help navigate
around a Class B, for example. It'll get you, eventually.

Call Garmin and they'll send you a replacement, free.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM