Old February 3rd 21, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Seeking tech info on LX7007

On 2/3/21 8:04 AM, Moshe Braner wrote:

Can anybody send me a copy of the "LXe" PC software that originally came
with the LX? Are versions of this software and versions of the hardware
forwards and backwards compatible?Â* Is it worth having?

The airports and airspace databases need updates over time to stay
accurate.Â* Have there been updates?Â* How can I get something newer than
what's stored in it now?Â* If I can't, can I override the old info for
specific airports with info I manually put into my turnpoints file?

Thanks for any info.

I was just searching for LXe to try to support an old Colibri logger,
and found it on the LXNavigation website. Version 3.5.1.1

Airports and Airpace database was not there, but found a 2014 version on
an old computer. I can email that to you.

LXe and the database actually installed OK on w Win10 computer, but
complained about not finding any COMM ports. Those can be added
manually on Win10. haven't tried accessing the logger yet, but it may
actually still be usable on Win10.

Dave