Old December 28th 15, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Pitts

Default New Silver Distance Rules?

All,

I searched for "silver distance" before starting this thread. The top of the list was my own "Silver Distance Denied" thread from last March.

Some of you may recall my attempt at Silver Distance was denied earlier this year. The OO told me that was going to be the case, but I wanted to submit it anyway. Rejected, as you know.

I had a turn point north of Minden and one to the south. The length of the leg from the northern turn point to where I missed the southern turn point is about 52km.

It's my understanding that the rules as of October 1, 2015 allow for a single turn point and a leg of more than 50km, meaning my flight would qualify under the new rules.

You can see where this is going.

Can a flight made before October 1 be (re)submitted under the new rules? If so, where in the rules would I find that? I've done a bit of searching and have not found something on the order of "flights made before... or after... must..."

Thanks in advance,

Terry

PS It would be great if this could count. I have accepted a job in Germany for three years and finding OOs who are SSA members/etc. will be difficult.