Old January 5th 04, 05:29 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
On 4 Jan 2004 14:13:53 -0800, (Henry J. Cobb) wrote:

http://globalsecurity.org/org/news/2004/040104-f-22.htm
"They're just trying to find a role for this plane because they've
sunk so much money into it," Riccioni said.

Ed's a nice guy, but he's spent his lifetime advocating light-weight
fighters. He was an original member of the LWF mafia, back in the
pre-YF-12/YF-17 days. He's just a little biased on the subject.

"Honest" is the word, Mary.

The mix will still be big/small, is we build the robot flock to run with the
F-18. I don't see any indication that USAF is prepared to make a COTS
procurement, at this time and mil-spec procurement is "expired".