Old September 1st 03, 11:05 AM
The Raven

"Scott Lowrey" wrote in message
om...
I reside about 6 miles off the departure end of MSP runway 12, so I'm
used to hearing a lot of jet traffic. I've only lived here for 6
months but I quickly adjusted to the noise. It's acutally not that
bad, excepting the venerable DC-9.

Today, though, what looked like an F-18 flew over. Wow. I haven't
seen too many fighters in my life (still have yet to see a "real" air
show). That thing peeled off to the southeast with a thunder that
even the DC-9 in full song can't match.

She was probably climbing through 3 or 4 thousand when I looked up.
Are afterburners used during departure? If not, I can't imagine what
_that_ sounds like.

Try living in a motel at the end of a SAC runway (for 3 months). Triple buff
takeoffs at 5am, full noise, about 200ft over your head.

--
The Raven
http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/batfinkquote.mp3