Old September 9th 03, 08:02 AM
Dave

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in message ...

Garmin decided to go with WxWorx for their new "Gucci" G-1000 wonder-box
(but refuse to address application on the 430/530...)

I, too, am annoyed by this. A rep from WxWorx told me that all
queries related to Garmin and WxWorkx need to go to Garmin. When I
asked Garmin about wxworx on the 400/500 series, they said nothing is
planned right now. My hunch is that they don't want to jepordize
their relation with WSI, or the sales of their GDL-49 that they
probably haven't even begun recouping R&D costs on yet. If there was
a broadcast option for the GDL-49, I'd consider it. But I don't want
to have to keep requesting weather manually.

I don't want to lug a laptop into the plane. And, of course, for hard
IFR, you can't legally use it anyway.