Old September 2nd 03, 11:58 PM
PaulaJay1

In article , Stan Gosnell
writes:

My AOPA membership comes up for yearly renewal at the end of
September. Today, I got a membership renewal request via email from
the organization.

Chip, I long ago gave up on AOPA, and dropped my membership years ago. The
organization takes some positions I just don't understand and can't
support, and seems very short-sighted. I don't belong to the NRA, either,
so maybe I'm in the minority on all this.

Stan,
You shouldn't expect an organization that has such a mix of members to always
take a position that you support. I feel the AOPA lobbies for our GA interests
most of the time, and heaven knows, there are powers that are not on our side.
Closing airports, TFRs, you name it. Washington is run by lobbies and money
interests and I want to be represented - even if not perfectly. Chip, on the
other hand, may have a point it that the AOPA may not represent him.

Chuck