Old September 3rd 03, 04:23 AM
Peter Duniho

"Chip Jones" wrote in message
link.net...
You are inclined to be wrong in that case. In fact, the entire Democratic
apparatus in the Congress seems to disagree with AOPA's position

concerning
whether or not the reconciled "Vision 100- Century of Aviation
Reauthorization Act" does or does not privatize ATC. Not a single

Democrat
on the reconciliation committee signed the bill because ATC privatization
was strong-armed into the law by the Administration even though both

Houses
of the Republican-controlled Congress expressly voted against ATC
privatization earlier this summer. See the above links.

I asked for quotes. I know how to get the bill. But you're the one who's
saying it privitizes ATC. Show me where it says that.

I looked at the quotes Mark provided. All I see is language that
*prohibits* the privitization of ATC, but which makes clear that the
*existing* contract tower program is still legal.

Since you are so sure of yourself, perhaps you could explain what language
is found elsewhere in the bill that overrides the language presented so far.

Thanks,
Pete