Old May 23rd 18, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Soaring Spot

On Wednesday, 23 May 2018 02:00:07 UTC-6, Jim White wrote:
At 23:23 22 May 2018, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 17:16:10 UTC-6, Tony wrote:
Because no one has scripted the US Rules to work in SeeYou Competition.

Not true Tony, it has been tried and somewhere in the low 90th percentile
w=
as achieved. MAT's are not supported, out the top of the start cylinder
is=
not supported (though Naviter did provide a special copy of SeeYou Comp
fo=
r Uvalde but the code never survived), and some distance calculations are
d=
ifferent.

It has been a few years so I do not recall all the details.

The US needs to get off their own island and join the rest of the world
an=
d use FAI rules and scoring

Ron, I think you may be mistaken again. UK comps allow starts out the top
of the start cylinder and See You scores them.
Jim

Jim, thanks for the correction, I stand corrected on that point. It has been 5 years since I used SeeYou so things have progressed.