Old September 29th 17, 09:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default Final Glide - Ray Temchus

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 2:48:51 PM UTC-7, Charlie Papa wrote:
I just got the sad news that Ray Temchus, former President of Freedom's Wings International, has passed away.

Ray was the first quadriplegic Commercial license glider pilot in the USA, and the first CFIG.

Paraplegic, not quad.
A wonderful man, who shared his love for soaring with everyone he met.

I was graced with a visit by Ray to our field long ago. Another pilot friend who had known Ray in NJ hosted him for a trip to the desert. Ray was one of many who used soaring as a motivation to return to an active and full life. Full of friends,full of flying and full of generosity.
Spread your wings forever, Ray.

CB

In recent years, Ray flew his beloved Grob out of Tampa Bay Soaring, continuing to offer Inspiration Flights to anyone with a handicap, and flight instruction for paraplegic student pilots.

He is a loss to our community. He embodied charity.

Charles