Old December 20th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default After an annual?

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 02:22:34 GMT, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

snip

I haven't seen it done either, but what about the phrase "...may have
appreciably changed its flight characteristics or substantially affected
its operation in flight"? That could easily mean an annual inspection
where access panels and floor boards were removed or where control
cables were disconnected and lubed, or any other type maintenance that
might impact safety of flight. I think this is a really good question
that has been raised and I would expect the attorneys to think likewise.

time out. please stop.

I defy you to find ANY aviation maintenance facility in the United
States that has a policy of performing a CFR-defined "test flight"
after ANY routine periodic inspection or general "maintenance" prior
to approval for return to service.

BTW, if it isn't written into the logbooks as such, technically, it
didn't happen.

With regard to certain specific airframe maintenance, certain specific
auto-flight and stall warning systems, the mfg's AMM has specific
requirements for performing a "test flight".

TC

P.S. FWIW, who do you really think returns a type-certificated
aircraft to service after inspection or maintenance, thus implying
approval of it's "airworthiness"?