Old October 21st 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cliff wright

Default Looking for information on Wright Flyer projects in 2003.

MikeMl wrote:
cliff wright wrote:

Good day all!
There were several projects that I know of to fly a reproduction of
the Wright's 1903 "Flyer" back in the centenary year.
However all those that I know of failed to leave the ground....

Here's one that flew: I saw it fly at KBMC.

http://www.usuwrightflyer.org/

Mike M.

Thanks Mike! Had a look at those nice pictures. Unfortunately I don't
think that Wilbur and Orville had access to carbon fibre and foam. I had
actually come across that one before during my searches. But your
pointer gave me more pictures than I had seen before.
So far however that just helps my thesis that the 1903 flights were NOT
controlled flights, in the sense that the path of the Flyer was
determined by the wind more than the will of the pilot and the macnine
couldn't fly at all except in the special conditions of Kill Devil Hill.
Regards Cliff Wright.