Old September 16th 03, 09:14 PM
Bob Gardner

I don't want to extrapolate my own seaplane training to the whole wide
world, but no solo time is required and I didn't get any. Considering how
the insurance industry has come down on water operations generally, I wonder
if any float-plane school allows students to solo, and if any owner-student
has a policy permitting flight before the rating is earned.

Bob Gardner

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
. 6...
"Bob Gardner" wrote

Sole manipulator of an aircraft for which he is rated
(61.51e)...if his ticket says "Single Engine - Land" he is not
rated for seaplanes and cannot log the time as PIC.

Bob, what about any solo practice time that he is signed-off
to fly prior to the practical test? Seems to me that this
would be treated as any student pilot solo time and be logged
as PIC. I don't think that the original poster specified that
it was dual instruction as opposed to solo instruction.

Bob Moore