Old February 28th 04, 04:22 AM
Tank Fixer

In article ,
on 27 Feb 2004 14:11:00 GMT,
ArtKramr attempted to say .....

Subject: Is it easier now?
From: Tank Fixer

Date: 2/26/04 11:31 PM Pacific Standard Time

In article ,
on 27 Feb 2004 03:49:51 GMT,
ArtKramr
attempted to say .....

From: Tank Fixer

Date: 2/26/04 7:46 PM Pacific Standard Time

In article ,
on 26 Feb 2004 20:44:20 GMT,
ArtKramr
attempted to say .....

"Liberated" ? As I remember it there was no German resistance whatever.

All
the
Germans had left and they just walked in without a shot being fired.

Hardly
the
equivalent of landing on Omaha beach was it?. (sheesh)

Yes, I guess your right.

I mean the 41st Infantry had an easy time in New Guinea during 1942/43.

Or that Provisional Tank battalion that ended up on the Bataan penensula
in 1941 as infantry after they ran out of fuel.

I mean, they were just National Guard troops....
Not real soldiers, right Art ?

At least Bush wasn't hiding in those units right?

No, he was flying a rather unforgiving aircraft.

Or are you saying the USAF had lax standards for pilot training in the
early 70's ?

As Colin Powell said:
"I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and
well-placed managed to wangle slots in the Army Reserve and National
Guard units... Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class
discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all
Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to their country."

OK, so we know what the good general said.

I was asking you however.

--
When dealing with propaganda terminology one sometimes always speaks in
variable absolutes. This is not to be mistaken for an unbiased slant.