Old March 6th 04, 01:40 AM
Michael Wise

In article ,
Douglas Berry wrote:

In article , Michael Wise
says...

SEC. 31. (a) The State shall not discriminate against, or grant
preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of
race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of
public employment, public education, or public contracting.

I don't see anything there about sexual preference. It clearly states

Say I want to marry my boyfriend. The clerk says I can't, because
we're both men.

I am being discriminated against because of my sex.

As a male, you are free to marry a female...so you are not being being
discrimnated by gender/sex. Now if you decide you want to marry another
male and are denied....it is based on your sexual preference.

--Mike